Ground Beef Tacos
These crispy ground beef tacos are filled with seasoned meat, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. An easy dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy, even your pickiest eaters! Includes a recipe for ground beef taco seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 8 taco shells
- assorted toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion and shredded cheese
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
Add the ground beef and break up with a spatula.
Add the onion to the pan.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is done and onion is soft, 5-6 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
Add the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir to coat the meat in the seasonings.
Add the tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Spoon the beef into the taco shells and add toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Serve immediately.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 549mg | Potassium: 525mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 715IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 3.9mg