Chicken Pesto Pasta
This chicken pesto pasta is spaghetti tossed in pesto sauce with seasoned chicken, tomatoes and basil. An easy dinner option for a busy night!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or you can use pre-cooked chicken like rotisserie chicken, simply skip the chicken cooking steps below
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces spaghetti or any other pasta shape you like!
- 3/4 cup basil pesto look for it in the refrigerated section
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil can also use parsley
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt to taste. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta is boiling, cook the chicken. Season the chicken on both sides with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat and add the chicken to the pan.
Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Cook time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Add the pesto and toss to coat evenly.
Cut the chicken into slices and arrange it on top of the pasta.
In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil and salt to taste.
Sprinkle the tomato mixture and parmesan cheese over the top of the chicken and pasta, then serve immediately.
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 570mg | Potassium: 671mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1090IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 2.4mg