Chicken Pesto Pasta
This chicken pesto pasta is sauteed chicken, farfalle pasta and cherry tomatoes, all tossed in basil pesto and finished off with parmesan cheese. A quick and easy dinner option that always gets rave reviews!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounces short pasta such as farfalle
- 1 cup basil pesto look for it in the refrigerated section
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley can also use basil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt to taste. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
Place the chicken in the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for 1 minute.
Drain the pasta and pour it into the pan with the chicken. Add the pesto and toss to coat evenly.
Add the cherry tomatoes and gently fold them into the pasta.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. then serve.
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 570mg | Potassium: 671mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1090IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 2.4mg