Cream Cheese Wontons
My ultra crispy cream cheese wontons are stuffed with the most delicious filling and are so easy to make. These cream cheese rangoons taste like they came from a restaurant!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg beaten
- oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons minced chives optional
Combine the cream cheese, sugar and onion powder. Stir until well mixed.
Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface and drop a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center. Brush the edges of the wonton with the egg.
Bring 2 opposite corners together in the middle of the wonton and pinch. Repeat with the other 2 corners and pinch to form a package shape.
Repeat with the remaining wontons and cream cheese until all are filled.
Heat 4 inches of oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees F.
Fry 5-6 wontons at a time, turning them as needed to make sure they brown evenly. This process should take about 3-5 minutes.
Drain the cooked wontons on paper towels and repeat the frying process with remaining wontons.
Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately with dipping sauce of choice.
- You can fold the wontons however you like, here is a guide on how to fold wontons 10 different ways.
- Be sure to use a frying thermometer to make sure your oil is at the correct temperature; if it's too hot the edges of the wontons could burn.
- I serve my cream cheese wontons with a side of sweet and sour sauce or Thai sweet chili sauce.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 86mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1.3mg