Barbacoa Beef (Slow Cooker)
This slow cooker barbacoa beef recipe is so easy to make and is the perfect filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas and more!
- 4 lbs chuck roast or brisket cut into large cubes
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano use Mexican oregano if possible
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotle pepper can
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Place the meat in a slow cooker. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, bay leaf, chipotle, adobo sauce and beef broth. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours. Shred the meat with two forks and remove bay leaf. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Calories: 413kcal | Protein: 43g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 879mg | Potassium: 782mg | Vitamin A: 40IU | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 5.3mg