This bruschetta chicken recipe is marinated and grilled chicken topped with mozzarella cheese, tomato basil bruschetta and balsamic glaze. The perfect easy dinner for summer time!
For the chicken:
- 4 thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or equal parts garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
For the bruschetta topping:
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
In a large bowl or resealable bag, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until done.
Place the cheese slices on top of the chicken. Cover the grill and cook until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, make the bruschetta topping. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, red onion, basil, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Spoon the bruschetta mixture over the chicken. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 551mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 12.1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.8mg