Shrimp Chow Mein (One Pot Meal)
This recipe for shrimp chow mein is a quick and easy one pot meal with plenty of stir fried shrimp and vegetables tossed with noodles and a simple sauce.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 packages of refrigerated yakisoba noodles (approximately 11 ounces total)
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onion tops (only the dark green part)
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced white or yellow onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat half of the oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the white onion and cook for 3 minutes or until onion has started to brown and soften.
Add the carrots and celery, cook for 3-4 minutes until vegetables have started to soften. Add the cabbage along with 2 tablespoon of water. Cook, stirring constantly, until cabbage is wilted and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the vegetables from the pan and plate onto a plate.
Heat up the remaining oil in the pan and add the shrimp. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until pink and opaque.
Add the vegetables back into the pan with the shrimp.
Remove the packets of yakisoba noodles from their package and run under hot water until you're able to break up the noodles, 1-2 minutes. Add the noodles to the pan with the shrimp and vegetables.
In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.
Pour the sauce over the noodle mixture, tossing to coat evenly. Add the green onions and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g