Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
This slow cooker mac and cheese recipe is rich and creamy and super easy to make!
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta or other corkscrew shaped pasta
- 1/4 cup butter cut into cubes
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb block of orange American cheese cut into cubes (8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley optional garnish
Cook the pasta in boiling water for 2 minutes less than package directions call for.
Coat a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the noodles in the slow cooker and add the butter. Stir until the noodles are coated with butter.
Add the evaporated milk, half and half, cheddar cheese, american cheese, salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika.
Stir until combined.
Cover and cook on LOW for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Stir every 30 minutes.
At the end of the cook time, stir until a smooth sauce coats the noodles. Serve, topped with parsley if desired.
- Adapted from The Country Cook.
- Cavatappi is sometimes called corkscrew pasta or cellentani. If you can't find cavatappi you can use farfalle or gemelli.
Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 912mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 654mg | Iron: 1.2mg