Fajita Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Fajita chicken, peppers and onions with lots of melted cheese, all stuffed inside a roll.
Servings 4 sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups of mixed sliced peppers (I used red, yellow and orange bell peppers as well as a poblano pepper)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 14 ounces of Foster Farms Sauté Ready fajita marinated chicken 1/2 bag
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 in sandwich rolls cut half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro optional
- lime wedges for serving optional
Pour the olive oil into a large pan and place it over medium high heat. Add the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables have started to soften
Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is browned and cooked through. Stir in the lime juice.
Preheat the broiler. Divide the chicken and pepper mixture evenly over the rolls and top each sandwich with 1/4 cup cheese. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with chopped cilantro if desired and serve immediately with lime wedges on the side if using.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1067mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 16g