Cajun Jambalaya Pasta
This recipe for Cajun jambalaya pasta is full of andouille sausage, shrimp, Cajun spiced chicken and vegetables, all served over creamy pasta. A hearty meal that's perfect for an everyday dinner or for entertaining!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1/2 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined (you can either remove the tails or leave them on for a more elegant presentation)
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided use
- 2 inch links of Aidells® Cajun Style Andouille Sausage cut into 1/2 thick rounds
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning or more to taste
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups of thinly sliced bell peppers (I used red, yellow, and green)
- 10 ounces linguine pasta other long pasta varieties will also work
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
Add the onions and peppers and cook for 4-6 minutes or until softened. Season with 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the peppers and onions from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat.
Add the chicken to the pan and season with salt, pepper and remaining teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until cooked through.
Add the sausage to the pan and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
Add the reserved bell peppers and onions to the pan and stir to combine.
Drain the pasta and return to the pot it cooked in. Turn the heat on medium high and add the cream along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until sauce has started to thicken.
Place the meat and vegetable mixture on top of the pasta and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 248mg | Sodium: 1121mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g