Greek Chicken Kabobs
This recipe for Greek chicken kabobs is garlic and herb marinated chicken and colorful vegetables, skewered and grilled to perfection. Serve these skewers with a creamy cucumber yogurt dip for an easy and delicious dinner!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- For the yogurt sauce:
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup minced cucumber I prefer the small persian cucumbers
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- Optional garnishes: lemon wedges chopped parsley
For the chicken skewers:
Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, sugar, pepper and garlic, along with 1 tablespoon of water, in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium or preheat the broiler.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread the chicken pieces, red bell pepper and red onion onto 4 skewers.
If grilling, place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
For broiling, broil for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking make the sauce.
For the yogurt sauce:
Mix together the greek yogurt, olive oil, cucumber and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready for use.
Serve the chicken skewers with the yogurt sauce. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if desired.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 460mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g