Beer Cheese Dip
This Wisconsin beer cheese dip is loaded with cheddar cheese, sausage and beer - perfect game day food! Recipe courtesy of McCormick.
- 1 pound bratwurst sausages casing removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup beer such as Miller® (headquartered in Milwaukee)
- 1 package McCormick® Pork Gravy Mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup cheese curds or shredded white Cheddar cheese
- Optional garnishes: cooked crumbled bratwurst and chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook and crumble sausage in large skillet on medium-high heat until browned. Drain fat. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
Melt butter in same large skillet on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour. Cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk, beer and Gravy Mix with whisk until smooth. Stirring constantly, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Gradually stir in shredded cheese until melted and smooth. Stir in cooked sausage. Spoon into 9-inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese curds.
Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with soft pretzel bites or pretzel chips. Garnish with crumbled sausage and parsley if desired.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 302mg