This Spanish chicken is spiced chicken thighs roasted with potatoes, bell peppers and chorizo. A simple and satisfying one pan meal that tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant!
For the spice blend
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Spanish chicken
- 6 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- 1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers cored, seeded and cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 pound Spanish chorizo cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
Combine all the ingredients in the spice blend in a small bowl. Stir until well mixed.
Rub the spice blend all over the chicken thighs. Arrange the chicken on the sheet pan.
Place the potatoes in a large bowl with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat the potatoes.
Scatter the potatoes around the chicken thighs.
Bake for 25 minutes. Add the red peppers to the sheet pan.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Add the chorizo to the sheet pan.
Bake for 10 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 158mg | Sodium: 793mg | Potassium: 650mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2040IU | Vitamin C: 61.1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 5.2mg