This broccoli slaw recipe is made with broccoli, bacon, cabbage, apples, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries, all tossed in a creamy dressing. The perfect easy side dish that pairs well with any type of meat or seafood.
- 1 12 ounce bag broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and crumbled, plus more for garnish if desired
- 1 apple diced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds plus more for garnish if desired
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley plus more for garnish if desired
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the broccoli slaw, red onion, bacon, apple, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and parsley in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the broccoli slaw and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Place the salad in a serving bowl. Garnish with additional bacon, sunflower seeds and parsley if desired, then serve.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 195mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.8mg