This taco soup is a hearty blend of ground beef, two types of beans, vegetables and seasonings, all simmered to perfection. An easy dinner option that's kid friendly and quick to make!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, cored and chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles drained
- 6 cups beef broth
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- toppings such as cilantro, tortilla strips, sour cream, avocado and shredded cheese
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the ground beef.
Cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula.
Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Add the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chiles, beef broth, black beans, pinto beans and corn to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
Simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 1292mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1415IU | Vitamin C: 39.8mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 6.7mg