Chicken and Rice Soup
This chicken and rice soup is chicken breast pieces simmered with vegetables and rice in an herb broth. A quick and easy dinner option that's comfort food at its finest!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 3/4 cup carrots peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced
- 3/4 cup celery sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth I use low sodium
- 2 cups cooked rice can be white, brown or wild rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
Add the garlic to the pot and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
Cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in the rice. Cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 433mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2895IU | Vitamin C: 18.8mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.5mg