Ham and Bean Soup (Slow Cooker)
This slow cooker ham and bean soup is made with a mixture of dried beans, vegetables, tomatoes and diced ham, all cooked together for a hearty and flavorful meal. An easy crock pot dinner that's perfect for a cold night!
- 20 ounce bag dried bean soup mix
- 3/4 cup onion finely diced
- 3 carrots peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups diced ham
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Rinse the beans thoroughly; set aside the seasoning packet for later use
Place the beans, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, ham and chicken broth in a slow cooker.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours, or until beans are done
Stir in the tomatoes, seasoning packet, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes
Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 788mg | Potassium: 1849mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5260IU | Vitamin C: 15.3mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 8.3mg