Chicken Enchilada Soup
This chicken enchilada soup is loaded with shredded chicken, corn, beans, vegetables and cheese, then finished off with a variety of toppings. An easy one pot dinner that the whole family will love!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 cup masa harina corn flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup corn kernels frozen, fresh or canned
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- assorted toppings such as tortilla strips, sour cream and avocado
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in the masa harina and cook for one more minute.
Pour in the chicken stock and stir until well combined.
Add the chicken, enchilada sauce, beans, tomatoes, chiles, corn, and salt and pepper to the pot. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Add the cheese, whisking to combine well.
Sprinkle the cilantro over the top of the soup. Serve immediately with assorted toppings as desired.
Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 754mg | Potassium: 1044mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 19.6% | Vitamin C: 38.9% | Calcium: 30% | Iron: 31%