Green Bean Bundles
These bacon wrapped green bean bundles are the perfect elegant side dish for any meal!
- 1 1/4 lbs green beans look for thinner green beans or use french green beans (haricot vert)
- 6 slices bacon cut in half, do not use thick cut bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the bacon on a sheet pan and bake for 7 minutes. Remove the bacon from the oven.
Trim the ends of the green beans. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
Place the green beans in the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain and put the green beans in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
Pat the green beans dry. In a small bowl mix together the garlic salt, butter, brown sugar and pepper. Pour the butter mixture over the green beans and toss to coat.
Wrap 8-10 green beans with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place the green bean bundles on a sheet pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 609mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1.3mg