Ideas for a summer S’mores party including S’mores recipes, party decorations and S’mores topping ideas.
Who loves S’mores? I certainly do! We do a lot of outdoor cooking during the summer and on grilling nights our favorite dessert is S’mores roasted over the last of the glowing charcoal on the barbecue. I decided to take that concept one step further and create a S’mores bar.
My first step in the planning process was to purchase my ingredients. I wanted to make the table look festive so I decided to go with a summery theme of a red checkered picnic style tablecloth and lots of fresh sunflowers. You don’t have to spend a fortune to have creative party decorations. I made my S’mores banner with a roll of brown packaging paper and some doilies from the dollar store.
I displayed the marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers on a tiered stand for my guests to make their selections.
I also put some marshmallows on skewers so that they were easy for my guests to grab and then toast to perfection.
I had some platters of toppings for people to customize their S’mores including other types of Hershey’s chocolate bars, spreads and sundae toppings, as well as some homemade items like caramelized bananas and fresh strawberry sauce.
Of course the classic S’mores were a big hit!
After a little bit of mixing and matching of toppings, I came up with a recipe for a fun S’mores flavor combination to share with you today. It’s a strawberry banana S’mores which combines the classic S’mores with some caramelized bananas and a homemade strawberry sauce.
A S’mores bar is a super fun way to celebrate summer. It’s quick and easy to put together and is always a crowd pleaser. Whether it’s for a special celebration or just for fun on a weekday, a S’mores will brighten up anyone’s day. You don’t even need to have a campfire to make S’mores, you can use a torch like I did, a barbecue or even a toaster oven! So tell me, how do you do your S’mores?
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsMakeSmores #CollectiveBias #sponsored
More easy dessert ideas
Strawberry Banana S'mores
- For the strawberry sauce:
- 3 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar (if your strawberries are on the tart side, increase to 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- For the S'mores
- 4 Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares
- 4 Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallows , toasted
- 1/2 banana
- 1 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- For the strawberry sauce:
- Combine the strawberries, sugar, vanilla and lemon in a pot. Place the pot over high heat, boil for 5 minutes or until strawberries have started to break down. Mix together the cornstarch with 2 teaspoons cold water. Add the cornstarch mixture to the strawberries and boil for 1 additional minute until sauce thickens slightly; cool.
- For the caramelized bananas:
- Method 1: Slice the banana into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Sprinkle the rounds with sugar. Use a culinary torch to lightly caramelize the bananas.
- Method 2: Melt the butter in a pan, add the bananas and sugar. Cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until bananas have browned.
- To assemble:
- Place a graham cracker square on a plate. Add 1/2 of a Hershey's bar, top with 2 toasted marshmallows. Place half of the bananas on top of the marshmallows and top with 1 tablespoon of strawberry sauce. Repeat the process for the remaining ingredients to make a second s'more.
Pass out the napkins! So gooey and delicious! Loved these !
I tried the strawberry banana s’mores. It was like, how do you make something as good as a s’more even better? Strawberries and bananas!
I am such a sucker for smores! I love all the options you thought of, I can’t wait to try peanut butter and strawberry sauce next time! My mouth is watering thinking about it!!
I wish I was invited to this s’mores party, lol! How fun! Love the idea of that, I might need to have one myself! All of the toppings look ridiculously delicious.
Thanks, I’ll invite you next time! 😉
I need to get invited to better parties. Like this one.
I’ll invite you next time! 😉
Those look super yummy!! I love how you displayed the marshmallows on a stick like that. Can’t wait to try it!
This is such a fun idea! I love the idea of smores, but not the fillings. I could definitely go for a graham cracker / banana sandwich from your toppings bar though 🙂