This fajita fish is baked to crispy perfection and topped with a colorful and refreshing avocado salsa. Serve the fish in tortillas or over rice for a quick and easy dinner that the whole family will love!
This post is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!
I’m always looking for more ways to incorporate seafood into my family’s diet and this fajita fish has become a dinner time favorite! The fajita seasoned fish fillets are topped with an easy avocado salsa which really takes this dish to the next level. It’s the perfect quick meal for those busy weeknights where you need to get dinner on the table quickly. This recipe starts with Gorton’s Flavor Fusions fish fillets. The great thing about Flavor Fusions is that you can have fresh tasting fish on the table in no time with minimal effort, and I love that each box comes with two flavor seasoning packets! You can choose to season your fish however you want, with one or both of the packets. You can even combine the two flavoring packets for a whole new experience.
I used the Flavor Fusions variety that comes with Classic Fajita and Kickin’ Hot Garlic Lime seasoning; there are also Asian Soy Ginger and Orange Sesame seasonings which are just as delicious! While my fish was in the oven, I prepared the avocado salsa. The salsa is comprised of a colorful blend of tomato, yellow bell peppers, avocado, black beans and red onion, all tossed together with lime juice and cilantro.
I like to serve this dish with a side of rice and vegetable for a complete meal that even my kids devour. You can find Gorton’s Flavor Fusions at select Walmart and Kroger locations, check here to find a location near you! It’s the easiest and most delicious way to do seafood.
MORE FISH RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Salmon Foil Packets
- Honey Garlic Salmon
- Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Lemon Dill Salmon in Foil
- Salmon Teriyaki
Fajita Fish with Avocado Salsa
- 1 box Gorton's Flavor Fusions Fish Fillets the Classic Fajita and Kickin' Hot Garlic Lime variety
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- the juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- Prepare the fish fillets according to package directions, using the Classic Fajita seasoning packet.
- While the fish is in the oven, make the salsa.
- Place the red onion, avocado, black beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro and salt in a bowl; gently stir until combined.
- Top the fish with the salsa and serve.