This post is sponsored by Alexia Foods, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Everyone loves french fries, and everyone loves nachos. So what happens when you combine the two? You get waffle fry nachos that are the perfect appetizer, light dinner or after school snack for the kids.
I always have a bag of frozen potato products in my freezer and it’s typically Alexia french fries. It’s a great time saver for nights when I want a quick and easy side dish or the kids want a more substantial snack. I have been buying these products for years, and I have to say, I cannot walk by the frozen potato aisle without tossing a bag of Alexia Seasoned Waffle Cut Fries in my cart. They’re really just that good, and all-natural to boot! These crispy potatoes are lightly seasoned with a flawless blend of sea salt, pepper, onion and garlic to create an all-natural distinctive taste unlike anything you’ll find in your usual fry.
When my very active twins come home from school they are often ravenous – they eat an early lunch to get to their afternoon preschool on time and some days a piece of fruit or a granola bar just won’t hold them over until dinner. I created this waffle fry nacho recipe for the days when they need a well-balanced snack to keep them full and happy. These nacho fries also make a great appetizer or a light dinner.
This recipe is about as simple as it gets. The first step is to bake the waffle fries. Towards the end of the baking time, shredded cheddar cheese gets sprinkled over the fries to melt into nacho perfection. The cheesy fries come out of the oven and are topped with pico de gallo, avocado, sour cream and olives.
These fries went fast in my house, everyone polished them off immediately! These toppings happen to be our favorites but you can always add any others that you like such as jalapenos, beans or meat.
Alexia Foods offers frozen potatoes, appetizers, breads and side dishes with minimal, but distinctive, real ingredients that serve-up Farm to Flavor taste — right in your kitchen. For more recipes, tips and inspiration from Alexia online, check out AlexiaFoods.com.
Waffle Fry Nachos
- Cooking spray
- 1 20 ounce bag of Alexia Seasoned Waffle Cut Fries
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup prepared fresh pico de gallo excess liquid drained off
- 1 medium avocado peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Place the waffle fries in a single layer on the pan. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the waffle fries with cheese. Place the pan back in the oven for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Take the pan out of the oven and transfer the fries to a serving plate. Top with pico de gallo, avocado, olives and sour cream. Serve immediately.