This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerHydration #CollectiveBias
This recipe for strawberry mango agua fresca is a light and refreshing fruit drink that only takes 15 minutes to make, it’s the perfect way to cool off on a hot day!
It is HOT here in California. So far this summer has been much warmer than last year. We have been spending a lot of time outdoors – in our yard, at the park, at the local splash pad and we’ve got a beach trip coming up this weekend. Sometimes I feel like my kids aren’t hydrated enough, and I’ve been working on making sure that they get enough to drink. We do a lot of smartwater but I also like to mix it up and offer them some other options – because what is summer without some fruity drinks? Today I’m sharing a recipe that my kids can’t get enough of, a strawberry mango agua fresca. It’s light, refreshing and will keep you hydrated all summer long!
If you haven’t tried agua fresca before, it’s a drink where fresh fruit is blended with water and sugar to make a delicious and refreshing treat. When I was younger my parents would take me to this Mexican restaurant nearby where they always ran a special burrito and drink combo meal. They would have giant jugs of homemade agua fresca and the flavors changed all the time – I would get my burrito and pick my flavor of agua fresca. That restaurant went out of business a while ago but ever since then I’ve loved agua fresca. I decided to introduce my kids to this fun drink, but with a little twist. Instead of blending my fruit with plain water, I used tropical citrus flavored vitaminwater.
Now back to the drink recipe. It is so simple and easy. I combined tropical citrus vitaminwater, strawberries, mango, lime juice and honey in a blender and pureed it all together. That’s about it for this strawberry mango agua fresca!
I used fresh ripe mango and strawberries but you could use frozen if need be, if you do you’ll probably need to increase the amount of honey in the recipe. For fun, I also made ice cubes with my tropical citrus vitaminwater and added fresh strawberries and small mint leaves. That way when the ice cubes melt, it won’t water down the flavor of the drink.
To make this strawberry mango agua fresca drink even more special I decorated the glasses by dipping the rims in water and then in sugar – my girls had never seen that before and they thought it was pretty much the coolest thing ever!
If you’re looking to stay hydrated this summer, have a strawberry mango agua fresca. It’ll help keep you cool and refreshed and those super hot summer days will be much more tolerable! I’m making a jug of this drink to take with us to the beach this weekend. What’s your favorite beach drink?
- For the drink
- 1 20 ounce bottle of tropical citrus vitaminwater
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 tablespoon honey (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or more to taste)
- Strawberries, mango slices, mint springs, lime wedges and coarse sugar for garnish (optional)
- For the ice cubes
- ¾ cup tropical citrus vitaminwater
- 12 small mint leaves
- 12 small pieces of strawberry
- For the drink:
- Combine the vitaminwater, strawberries, mango, lime juice and honey in the blender. Blend until completely smooth. Taste and add more lime juice or honey if needed. Pour the drink through a a strainer, discard fruit pulp. Add vitaminwater ice cubes. Decorate the glasses with the fruit, lime wedges and mint springs. To create a sugar rim on your classes, dip the tops of the glasses in water and then into a bowl of sugar.
- For the ice cubes:
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vitaminwater into each well of a 12-count ice cube tray. Add a piece of strawberry and mint leaf to each one. Freeze until solid.