This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. The opinions and text are all mine.
This recipe for Pork Scallopini is tender marinated pork, seared to a golden brown and topped with a creamy lemon sauce. A quick and easy dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I knew life was going to get busier when my kids started kindergarten, but I can’t believe just how crazy our schedule is some days! There are days when I feel like I spend hours just shuttling my three kids from place to place. On those days, I need an ultra-fast dinner, which is how this recipe for Pork Scallopini came to be. It’s crispy pork in a creamy lemon sauce and let me tell you, this is a fabulous meal. It tastes like it came from an Italian restaurant, but it’s super simple to put together at home in just 30 minutes!
Pork Scallopini is simply thin slices of pork that are dredged in flour and sautéed. The trick to adding tons of flavor without any extra effort is to use Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork. I buy my Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork in the Fresh Meat Department at WinCo, there are so many delicious flavor varieties. For this recipe, I selected a Marinated Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet. This pork is real flavor, real fast!
Can I just tell you how easy it is to start with pre-marinated pork? The roasted garlic and herb marinade is super flavorful, and the pork loin is so tender. I always have a Smithfield Marinated pork loin or tenderloin in my fridge; they’re great on the grill or sometimes I put one in the oven along with some potatoes and veggies for a one pan dinner.
After your pork loin slices are sautéed to a deep golden brown, it’s time to make the creamy lemon sauce. I like to serve my pork in a bed of the sauce, and drizzle a little more over the top for good measure. The lemon slices and parsley are optional, but they really dress this dish up, you could even serve it to company.
This Pork Scallopini is perfect served over pasta with a green veggie on the side. My whole family loves this meal, and I love that I’m able to put a fresh home cooked meal on the table in no time.
Ready to make back to school meal time easier? You can grab a coupon on the WinCo website to save on Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork. The coupon is available now through October 15th while supplies last. Be sure to check out the Smithfield Real Flavor Real Fast site for more amazing dinner ideas! What is your favorite meal tip for quick dinners? And if you’ve tried the Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork products, I’d love to hear what your favorite flavor is!
Pork Scallopini with Creamy Lemon Sauce
- 1 1.7 lb Smithfield Marinated Roasted Garlic and Herb Pork Loin Filet cut at a diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- For garnish: lemon slices and chopped parsley
- Place the flour on a plate. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat.
- Dredge the pork slices in the flour mixture on both sides and add to the pan in one layer. You may need to work in batches.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or just until cooked through. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Remove the pork from the pan and place on a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and add the remaining teaspoon of oil. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the chicken broth and lemon juice, simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook for another 3 minutes. Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water; add the cornstarch mixture to the pan. Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce has just thickened.
- Add the pork back to the pan and serve, garnished with parsley and lemon slices if desired.