This recipe for chicken ranch tacos is grilled chicken with bacon, homemade ranch sauce, cheese and fresh vegetables, all stuffed inside warm flour tortillas. A family friendly meal that’s simple to make and fun to eat!
My family is a little bit taco obsessed, if dinner is served inside a tortillas they’re likely to eat it. These chicken ranch tacos combine some of our favorite flavors to make a fun and easy dinner – it’s almost like a chicken club sandwich in taco form! Best of all, you can prepare almost all of the components in advance, and then when it’s dinner time it’ll only take minutes to assemble everything. Or you can put out all the ingredients for a fun taco bar and let your family make their own creations.
These chicken ranch tacos start with bite sized pieces of chicken – you can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or grilled chicken like I did here. Lately I’ve been grilling up a big batch of chicken at the beginning of the week, it’s been super convenient to have on hand for lunch salads or dinners like these tacos. The chicken is layered in tortillas with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and homemade ranch sauce. I like to use my homemade ranch powder to flavor the sauce, but store bought ranch powder will work just as well. You can also just use a bottle of ranch dressing if you’re pressed for time!
While clearly there’s nothing Mexican about these chicken ranch tacos, they’re a fun way to serve up some familiar (and family friendly!) flavors. Here’s a step by step video showing you how to assemble them!
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 3 cups warm cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- ¾ cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup of sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons of ranch powder (start with 1 tablespoon and add more to taste)
- Mix together the sour cream and ranch powder, set aside. Alternatively you can use prepared ranch dressing.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Divide the lettuce and tomatoes evenly among the tortillas. Place the chicken on top of each tortilla.
- Divide the bacon and cheese evenly among the tortillas. Drizzle with ranch sauce (or prepared ranch dressing) and serve.